Sunday, August 10, 2008

Getting There

My mother is a delightful person not necessarily known for her organization/punctuality. On the day I left for Taiwan, my suspicion that I am turning into my mother was confirmed. On July 30th, I woke up at around 9:30 and had a nice, leisurely surf of the internet. At around 10:15, I decided to double check my flight to Taiwan. It was at this point that I discovered that I was scheduled to leave on July 30th at 5pm… NOT July 31st at 5pm. Despite the fact that my flight had been booked since early May, this was a surprise. A surprise that could have been avoided if I had thought to write down the date of my departure… or print out my ticket. But these are things that only someone known for their organization/punctuality (not me) would have done.

Two things are certain: I made it to Taiwan. I am turning into my mother.

No comments: