This morning I stood outside of my English classroom waiting for class to begin and sipping my morning milk tea. My classroom overlooks the school track. I watched as a little boy, probably in 2nd or 3rd grade, walked across the grassy area in the middle of the track. The sprinklers were on. He was very carefully avoiding the water and somberly enjoying his obstacle course. He would wait till the sprinkler spun the other way to proceed. He held up his sweatpants so that the cuffs would not get wet. It was sweet. I felt myself hoping he would succeed in the challenge he had created for himself. And then, the minute he reached the other side of the grass, perfectly dry, the sprinklers turned off.
I laughed out loud. Lucky little guy... two minutes later and your walk would have been totally boring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, I know this has NOTHING to do with today's post - but I just stumbled across this best-of-craigslist posting, and I seem to remember YOU having a similar contraption (via blog)
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/hnl/968115812.html
I love this story.
Post a Comment